Pink Door created the Gayl’s Legacy Fund Assistance Program to make the journey easier for you. After you have had to place your life on hold while undergoing cancer treatment, we can help you transition financially to a more secure future.
Gayl’s Legacy Fund Assistance Program is designed to assist with daily living expenses for up to three months such as:
- Auto Payment/Insurance
- Health Insurance
YOU QUALIFY for the Gayl’s Legacy Fund Assistance Program if:
- You are a woman in active cancer treatment and at least 18 years of age.
- You live in Houston or the surrounding counties. (Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery and Waller counties)
- You are currently employed full-time, part-time or on a leave of absence due to illness.
- You must complete Gayl’s Legacy Fund Assistance Program and provide all required documents.
YOU DO NOT QUALIFY for Gayl’s Legacy Fund Assistance Program if:
- You were unemployed at the time of your cancer diagnosis.
- You are currently receiving monthly financial aid through the State and/or Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits (SSDIB) totaling more than $1,500.
- You have received support from Pink Door within the last twelve months.
Wednesday, March 1. (For 2st Quarter 2017 Support)
- All properly completed applications are reviewed by a committee within 30 days from the deadline.
- For women whose application has been approved for supplemental support, Pink Door pays the creditors directly.
- Pink Door will notify applicants after the review process as to the outcome of their request.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, kindly refrain from calling or emailing regarding the status of your application. We will contact you if additional information is necessary and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
Pink Door does not discriminate and will consider all submitted applications fairly and equally. Pink Door is not an emergency fund and cannot provide immediate assistance. All decisions are made on a quarterly basis. A submitted application is not a guarantee of financial assistance. Funds are limited, and based on eligibility and availability. All information will be held strictly confidential.
If you need further assistance, please contact Pink Door at email@example.com or call (832)727-3121.